A late happy new year #1
So I'm 24 days late of telling you my new year's eve until I watched the movie New year's eve two days ago and realised, the NYE will always be more than yelling "Happy new year!". I usually write about the midnight & how I felt right after it, yet my posts lately only contain the ups and downs about choices & living the consequences since it's sadly consuming me. I even wrote my article about it, and since then, I'm trying to sincerely walk the talk. It's a nice & happy feeling after you finally let go and moving forward. Anyway, I just watched the movie with Gian and feeling like I want to write my heart out even since I'm at the studio. Call me lame and cheesy, but I'll always be the girl who loves romantic comedy movies. Anyway, here's the famous speech from the movie.
“It’s suspended there to remind us before we pop the champagne and celebrate the New Year, to stop and reflect on the year that has gone by. To remember both our triumphs and our missteps - our promises made, and broken. The times we opened ourselves up to great adventures - or closed ourselves down, for fear of getting hurt. Because that’s what New Year’s is all about: getting another chance. A chance to forgive, to do better, to do more, to give more, to love more. And stop worrying about ‘what if’ and start embracing what would be. So when that ball drops at midnight - and it will drop - let’s remember to be nice to each other, kind to each other. And not just tonight but all year long.”
2012 will be the time for all of us to have another chance. For me, it'll be the chance to walk the talk. To open myself to even greater adventures - and try my ass off to be not afraid of getting hurt - to might fail.
Anyway, here's a few reasons why i like this movie, no matter what people said in their review.
Zac Efron shocked me with his appearance. Yes, he looked good in my eyes. His character's sincerity to help the depressed lady is adorable to watch. I enjoy their scenes a lot.
Robert De Niro & Halle Berry in one scene. What would you expect? I cried obviously. Really can't stand the fact that dying old man lying down alone, before finally, his daughter come along. Once again, I'm afraid to face that kind of scene in my own life. Dear God, please keep ayah away from any illness.
Never thought that Ashton Kutcher & Leah *Rachel Berry* Michelle looks good together. I like to see how they opened up themselves to each other. The transformation from hatred to lovers is fast enough till I don't feel bored at all. My favourite moment is this one when he made it to Times Squares only to bring her the 'perfect balance' bracelet. People do funny stuff when they're in love. I do love to watch it.

“It’s okay to listen to your heart. It’s risky, but take that leap of faith.”
Robert De Niro & Halle Berry in one scene. What would you expect? I cried obviously. Really can't stand the fact that dying old man lying down alone, before finally, his daughter come along. Once again, I'm afraid to face that kind of scene in my own life. Dear God, please keep ayah away from any illness.
Never thought that Ashton Kutcher & Leah *Rachel Berry* Michelle looks good together. I like to see how they opened up themselves to each other. The transformation from hatred to lovers is fast enough till I don't feel bored at all. My favourite moment is this one when he made it to Times Squares only to bring her the 'perfect balance' bracelet. People do funny stuff when they're in love. I do love to watch it.

“It’s okay to listen to your heart. It’s risky, but take that leap of faith.”
| — | new years eve |
Another favourite scene of this movie is how they fought for a kiss at midnight. It's funny to see how the 15 years old girl who dream about her first kiss, the mother who finally released the feeling to the seem-to-be perfect guy who waited a year for her, the depressed lady who precisely is 'forever alone' in the middle of time square and finally kissed by the-oh-so-nice-Zac Efron, the broken heart lady with the ex-boyfriend & well yeah, the new year hater Ashton Kutcher with the super talented singer from Glee. They're in love, and remind me that my new year used to be like theirs, back then. I can't help but smile to remind that moment. Never had a kiss at midnight, yet a visit afterwards used to be a blissful moment for me.
Then again, this movie taught me that there's a lot of another form of love that you the universe offer you in the magical night. From the young born baby with all the love from the parents, the lost of a father, or maybe the long distance call from a husband. So while I'm waiting for (maybe love or just) a new experience at the next new year's eve, I know I'll be just fine. This is my final and most favourite moment of all.
Josh Duhamel never ever fail me. He has the perfect face, figure & charm. In a uniform or not, he still seems the perfect man. I loved this scene when he threw his speech, "My father said what you will do when you have a guarantee that you won't fail? Then do it!" It's inspired me, a lot. Many people afraid of f1ace failure, including me. I'm asking my self, what will I do when God guarantee that I won't fail, and wondering why am i not doing that? Maybe sometimes you have to take the leap, to follow your heart. So here's the famous closing statement of the movie. It moves my heart.
Sometimes it feels like there are so many things in this world we can’t control; earthquakes, floods, reality shows. But it’s important to remember the things that we can, like forgiveness, second chances, fresh starts, because the one thing that turns the world from a lonely place to a beautiful place is love. Love in any of its forms. Love gives us hope. Hope for the New Year. That’s New Year's Eve to me. Hope and a great party.”
| — | Sam Ricker- New Year’s Eve |






Comments
Post a Comment