To change and dance
It's surprisingly been a month. A huge change came through my life as I entered a new phase of life. The real world they said, where people do actual things for a living. So yes, I made my choice, to be a human resource staff in a foreign bank. To be part of the society who wake up early, catch a bus, spend most of their day in front of a computer, face the traffic and go home for a little rest before the word repeat come as another day start. I never thought that life would be like this, honestly. I chose my major for a reason back then, to make sure I won't be a 9-6 employee.
Yet here I am, walking down a path that I never thought I'll ever take. I was about to say that life forced me to choose this path, but actually, I'm the one who makes the call. Whatever reason behind that (I wrote too much about that, anyway), it's me who agree to walk on this. So I have to grow up and suck it up. First days always be the hardest. You know, adaptation might be one of nature skill of human, but it still stinks to only think about that, right?
To change my daily routine from waking up on 7 to 4, from chasing classes to bosses, from walking to the canteen, ordering your favourite meal to wonder where will you eat, to say hi to everyone you know to smile awkwardly to strangers who you need to get along with. Oh, it's far from easy. It's not a small, comfortable place with familiar faces like the old campus. It's a huge building in a centre business district with lots of busy people who sometimes need to work until very late.
As the day went by, I realised what 'dance in the rain' really means. Instead of waiting for the 'storm to pass' I have to enjoy my days. For my own sake, at least. I remember what my senior once wrote on her blog while she works in my office: "kenyamanan itu datangnya dari dalam diri." I also remind myself about how my mom said that the key of life are to be patient & let Allah do His work till the word ikhlas define. Oh well, that cliche.
So I dance, dance, and I'm starting to find my rhythm.
I'm getting used to wake up very early, catch my bus, plug the earphone and probably stole a few minutes for some sleep, smile to strangers on the elevator, sip my coffee, open the Microsoft Outlook, probably a chat with my boss to discuss things, and start to work. And work. Learn everything from scratch, setting an interview, sourcing the candidates, 'stealing' potentials from other huge companies, handling end-to-end hiring process, connecting with huge people in the department, hanging out with HR mates & the 'neighbors', and well, several stuffs that I won't know if I didn't take this job.
Finding my rhythm is just a start. I probably will try to find the perfect song and sing along the way. Play the instrument, and get through passing month. The point of this random post is, change will always come.
I was determined to be a dentist, until one day I realise that psychologist suits me better. I was busy to be in what I refer as a balanced life, until I realise happy is always enough. I was sure when I said I want to be with someone who's this and that before I realise all I need is someone who sees and willing to stand beside me to carry the 'baggage'. I was a beach person once, until one day I really want to see the top of Bromo & still will be.
Wishing you a nice Monday,
Clarissa


Comments
Post a Comment