About being young
Been a while since I wrote about personal stuff here. Past few months have surprisingly changed many things in my life, including the free time to write. To sum it up, my days are full with work & the environment that thankfully already comforting. I sadly missed everyone's thesis defence yet very happy regarding their graduation. I learned the hard way about how the money will cost you the people who suppose to called family. I also learn about how one of the famous quotes applied in real life, what doesn't kill you make you stronger.
If you read thoroughly about my recent writing, it's all about how life turned out to be after uni. I was a planner back then and of course, it broke my heart when the biggest plan fails. Yet if I can take just one thing I learn from working in so called one of the most prestigious banks in the world, nothing's ever permanent. Even Marshall once work in a bank for life and It took almost 8 seasons for him to be the environmental lawyer as he desired yet it turned out to be a failure as well. He never brags about wanting to be a judge but life leads him to be one, no matter how season 9 will be.
My point is, it turned out that being young is being free to let things be. To have a solid goal with flexible approaches. I also learn that being young and mature at the same time means we have to choose what feels right, even it's not the thing that we want the most. You might disagree with this, but for me, the so-called passion is overrated. At the end of the day, you'll do what feels right, for you or people who matter.
And it leads me to the intersection of where do you want to lead your life to?
Always a hard question for 20ish to answer. And for once in my life, I'm too, not really sure about what I'll be in the future. I know what I want, but wanting & being is a very different thing, right? So well, let's be a part of the young people who are still looking for a place in this universe which they truly belong. Let's be a part of that explorer who's not afraid to fail cause it's part of the adventure.
I don't know about tomorrow but agree with Sir Fitzgerald, I want to go and live where things happen on a big scale.
Clarissa


Comments
Post a Comment