7/24

As December approaches, I personally got very excited for the upcoming year. 2014 has been a year full of challenges because my main target is to stay in this current company while preparing myself to take another degree. I never thought that everything in between will be this extraordinary.

Yes, it was extraordinary. I never feel as young as I am this year. 

Earned my diving licence although I only tried twice at Pramuka Island. Went backpacking to Dieng, one destination that I already targeted for the year. Paid myself my first overseas trip (yes, first, and I worked my ass off to afford it) with my best friends from college. Visited an unknown island near Serang with mostly strangers. Travelled to Malang, Surabaya & Bali for office related matter is also bliss. So that’s about travelling and living the ‘you only live once’ principal. 

I also manage to embrace the corporate life the way it is. The place gets comfortable, obviously, the people get familiar & it gets better. It is true that acceptance may not be an effective coping, but it’s a sign that we are in charge of what comes after. So one of my jobs is to arrange minimum 10 corporate sharing session, which is a seminar for all employees, consisting broad range of speakers from the former CEO of PT KAI Indonesia who became the Minister of Transportation, Pak Ignasius Jonan, The phenomenal mayor of Surabaya, Ibu Risma; the self-healing practitioner who happened to be married to my favorite author, Mas Reza Gunawan; the former CEO of Dana Reksa & the one who developed sharia capital market who’s currently become the wise financial planner, Pak Iwan Pontjowinoto; the surprisingly idealist founder of Kaskus, Ken Lawadinata, the inspiring CEO of General Electric, Pak Handry Satriago to the Editor in Chief of Femina, the fierce lady, Ibu Petty. I have to say that it was an amazing experience to work with all of them, they are inspiring in what they do, and I learned a lot from them. What I want to say is, I never had this dream before I met them; to be one of the most influential women in the country, let say the dream is to be on Forbes list of powerful women. (And I hear the imagine song play in my mind; you may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one).
 
I see the world a bit wider this year, to embrace more opportunities which lie in front of me instead of focusing on what I have to let go. So I took action & do something with my dream. I finally can afford my IELTS preparation course & earned a 7.5 score (yes, there I mentioned it, because it was a hell of an effort of dragging myself from work to the course for a month and basically sacrificing any social life whatsoever, and yea, no one read this anyway). I’m currently waiting for my scholarship announcement while preparing every document for admission matter. So that’s about my 7/24 lately. Jumping from one training to another, from one project to the other & also crossing my finger until the hopefully good news comes out. 

And this part, the part where you open a part of your heart for someone. The part where you let your happiness depend on someone. The part that you might fall, people say, in love. I might have fallen, I might not have. Anyway, as Olivia Pope said, she wants Vermont with Fitz but she also wants the sun with Jake, yet she ended up choosing herself. And herself is currently dancing. So here I am, dancing the problem away. Or so I told myself (I might just make a new problem instead).

That is why this year is so extraordinary. So yes, I am currently in a regular 8-5 job, have no plan to tie the knot anytime soon nor have any guarantee of higher degree next year, but no, it is not an ordinary life. It’s a good one actually. The one that I really thankful for.

Comments

Popular Posts