If it's worth the risk, take the fall. If it's what you want, then it's worth it all.

-Unknown

Last days of July surprisingly gave so many suprises.

I've been busy with campus thingy (yes, in holiday). From one meeting to another meeting, roadshow to the former school, practice for the freshmen orientation and so on. I never thought that i'll get so many pressure from these organization. Everything come in one time after the oh-so-hectic-cousin's-wedding. I mean, i'm not prepared to be this busy. But i already took the responsibility, so let's face it.


My aunt asked me to join her to the nearest city. I don't really like the city 'cause of some personal reason, but yes i came to Bandung last weekend. Surprisingly, i like the weekend. I spent one night in Lembang, and the other night in Bandung. Lembang's weather is just perfect for a hug. Somehow it bug me when we have dinner in poolside of the hotel, ha-ha-ha. My college friends would call it galau-ness. And Bandung, with it's crowdy places, delicious meal, and soon-to-be family closed the weekend nicely.

Actually i came to Bandung to accompany my cousin, Giorgio for his wedding proposal. No, not the big ceremony with big family. It's actually the very first time my family meets his girlfriend's family, to propose. I'm the one who got the heartbeat faster when we arrived. Word by word, everything feels so awkward. My cousin and his girlfriend knew each other for two years and dating for 3 months. I fully understand that his girlfriend's family not accepted the proposal straightly. I mean, this is about a wedding. Everyone needs to be sure about everything before finally decided to move to that step. Both family wants the best for both child, and they were talking seriously. There are lines that make me had a goosebumps,

"Saya percaya sama pilihan anak saya. Buat saya yang penting seiman."

Gosh. Someday somehow, i'll be the girl. Someday, somehow, someone (hopefully) will come to ask me to marry him. Someday i'll be the one who wants to step forward, for a marriage. My point is, i just thank God for the experience that i got years a go. That lines, showed me how important religion is for a relationship. With full of respect for different religion couples, i think i'm lucky to have that experience. Now i know that i don't want to fall in the same whole in the future. It's not only about family's blessings, it is also about things that you can do and you can't. I just realized that there are several things that you can't control.
Maybe, just maybe, things like that.

On that day, Mas Giorgio, Mbak Chiquita, Jillbert and me (yeah, our names are weird i know. Our father's and mother's name are even weirder : Lelita, Conchita, Rosano, and Benito) had a small conversation in the web. We live in 3 different continent, so our conversation mostly just in the internet. Anyway, somehow the conversation is about having a relationship. Giorgio acted like a big brother for all of us, and say that he have to see 'the guy' before he'll move to a closer relation for me or my cousin, Chiquita. It's sweet, you know?

Since we're the only two in the city, we talked about that stuff directly that day. He said that i have to look after a guy who have a plan for 5 years ahead. I know, isn't that too much? Maybe. But i personally know what i'm looking for. Yet i'm not waiting. Sometimes i enjoy being alone. A friend's bbm status asked this "Is emptiness better than pain?" I answered it clearly, yes. I'm done with suffering pain year a go. I called everything in the past a lesson learned.

And suddenly, the other suprises come again, and again.
I don't really know how to put this. There's some things that i can't share. I just can't, but for sure, it's happiness. And there's other thing. Here it is, i took risks, and somehow found out about something. Again, something i shouldn't know. Sorry but It's not about gossip, girls. You can't ask me what it is. I just surprised. The only one who know why is my bestfriend, Ayu. She laughed, a lot. I don't. I still looked at the same place for minutes, and still surprised. And maybe, amazed.

Final word, there's a line that i just found.
"How can we be so different when we feel so much alike?"
Sometimes you meet people with so many things in common. It's like you know how it feels to walk on their shoes. Ironically, in the same time you're so different with them. I already met those people. Some people, not just one.

I think, that's life.
Clarissa Rizky

Comments

Popular Posts