“Sometimes the best advice you can ever receive is that of a stranger’s.”
Dear Claire, "What" and "If" are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life : What if? What if? What if? I don't know how your story ended but if what you felt then was true love, then it's never too late. If it was true then, why wouldn't it be true now? You need only the courage to follow your heart. I don't know what a love like Juliet's feels like - love to leave loved ones for, love to cross oceans for but I'd like to believe if I ever were to feel it, that I will have the courage to seize it. And, Claire, if you didn't, I hope one day that you will.
All my love, Juliet
I watched this movie last Sunday. After a very long time watching tv series, finally i'm back to the old habit, dvd-ing the so called romantic movie. I actually prefer the comedy romantic movie, but my sister insisted that this movie is a good one. Well, in the end i think she's right. Like every other romantic movie, it offers you a happy ending. They describe a risk taker girl like Sophie, who traveled the ocean to discover her true love. And of course, the guy love her back. Until that, this is just another movie.
But there's a scene when i got the 'heart beat stop' moment while Claire is reading the letter. The 'what if?' question is a terrifying term for me my self. It reminds me about everything that could be happen if the situation is different. Not only about romance, but also about the life it self. The 'what if' term allows you to rethink about what you already passed, what you already forgot, or worse, what you already let go. I always think that there are lots of possibilities about everything that happened before, yet what we all have is the 'what is'. The 'What if' question only offer you the imagination about how perfect everything will be if the situation is different, while in reality it simply never will. Somehow, it simply hurt you.
This movie taught me that for true love, we shouldn't be afraid about the what if question. Cause it's never too late. As simple and as complicated as that. The problem would be finding the what they called true love. I personally don't know how, or what do you feel when you find them. But the old phrase said—when the person is right, you'll just know.
Like Juliet said,
If you didn't, I hope one day that you will.
Oh well, i hope i will as well.
Clarissa Rizky

Comments
Post a Comment