About making your choice, and let others do theirs.
It's half past three in the morning, and I just got back home. It's amazingly weird to stay up that late and still have a lot of laughs, chit and chat without any worries. I used to stay that late and have this thing going o called typing an assignment. My best friend celebrated her birthday last night, and it turned out to be a reunion night for me. It's nice to put academic-and-non-academic-duties a side and just have a little fun. Well, it doesn't mean I'm not learning anything last night.
I had a lot of fun. I mean, it's a long night with good friends from the happiest time in your life, sober or not—you know you're surrounded by happy feelings. I personally don't drink nor smoke, not only last night but well, every night. Some people asked me how to stay sober in an environment like that, how to stand the smoke that used to bother people who don't smoke like me, or practically they ask why am I still being friends with them—people who don't have the same lifestyle with me. I give a smile as an answer, most of the time.
Honestly, it's not as easy as it seems. More or less, there are several things you don't want to miss yet you don't want to involve. At the end of the day, you'll realise that it's the people who really matter. And for the way they live their life, it's their choice. Their right, their life. Not mine. So why bother?
I love each and everyone of them, and yes, of course, i always wish them the very best. If I could, I always give them the best advice that I can give. Yet for several choices maybe like having alcohol as a regular drink and smoke as a daily activity, I guess it's their prerogative. I called them best of friends for many reasons, and it doesn't change because of a few things like that. They took me for whatever I am and vice versa. If you respect people for the choice that they made, they'll do the same thing eventually.
So there, I said it. For some individuals who asked me before, well it's not an easy thing to do. But as long as you keep being yourself, you'll see people who matter for you and feel the same thing. Oh yes, there are some people who matter for you and unfortunately don't feel the same, or maybe the opposite. Being yourself, in any kind of environment will teach you how to live a good life. When I say being yourself, doesn't mean you don't have to adjust to your surrounding. Adjusting means get along, not losing what's important and values that you live on. When you adjust, you know there are things that you have to give it up the cause of the difference. Sometimes, it's the person that you used to love that you have to give it up.


Comments
Post a Comment